California State University Northridge HIV AIDS Scenario Reflection
- June 23, 2022/ Uncategorized
Discuss the main points of the debate, what stance you take, support that stance, and discuss the opposing argument. Also, discuss an ethical theory that would apply to defend your view.
To complete each scenario assignment:
1. Read the attached scenario pictures.
2. Compose in a Word document and be sure to address, at a minimum, the following questions:
- Why do you feel the way you do about the issue presented?
- Of the four responses offered in the scenario, which do you think is the most ethical and why?
- Which ethical theory would you use to support your stance? Why does this theory work?
- Which ethical theory (of the 6 approved ones ONLY – Kant; Act Utilitarianism; Rule Utilitarianism; Care Ethics; Virtue Ethics; and Social Contract) would you apply to this topic to defend your stance? A) In this reflection you must first define the key terms of the debate (for example, define what Euthanasia/Abortion/Stem Cell/Public Health/PreNatalTesting/Animal Research/Health Care, etc. means and what are the different types depending on which topic you are discussing)B) Define and explain the ethical theory you chose (show me you know exactly what the theory is and does – in your own words)C) Present the evidence both pro and con and follow up how using your ethical theory is the best way to determine whether or not your stance is really ethical
4. Support your conclusions with evidence and specific examples from the textbook, including a minimum of one theory of ethics to defend your stance.