Cantt Chart Project
- June 23, 2022/ Uncategorized
FINAL ASSIGNMENT – Comprehensive Project Plan and Executive Presentation
This is the fifth and final course
project deliverable in the series of five sequential assignments in this
course. You are continuing on in your role as the CTO of a hypothetical
e-commerce start-up company of your design.
Throughout the course, you have been
working on delivering an information technology project plan in
anticipation of the company relocating to a new facility.
- In the first course project deliverable, you created a project plan inception document and supporting Gantt chart.
- In the second course project deliverable, you
developed the business requirements to be incorporated into the
information systems design you are creating. You also updated your
original supporting Gantt chart based on major and minor tasks
identified in the business requirements document.
- In the third course project deliverable, you
created an infrastructure design that considered the key elements of
software, hardware, security, and business process flow for your
e-commerce startup company. Once again you updated the supporting Gantt
chart based on the major and minor tasks identified in the
infrastructure design document.
- In the fourth course project deliverable you
developed the system implementation document. This document spelled out
the EFI technical aspects of your e-commerce company’s information
systems infrastructure. Again you updated the supporting Gantt chart to
reflect the major and minor tasks identified in the system
You are now in the final stage of the
project plan development. You will leverage all previous deliverables
and integrate them into one document that will serve as the project’s statement of work.
Your goal is for the start-up company’s
executive team and the venture capital group to approve and fund your
project. The detailed project plan is necessary to accomplish the
monumental implementation task. The executive team and investors,
however, are only interested in an executive summary in the form of a
10–15 slide PowerPoint presentation. As a result, you are required to
create a compelling PowerPoint presentation, supported by the detail in
your project plan, which convinces the executive group that your
solution is optimal.
This assignment consists of three parts:
Part 1: Comprehensive Project Plan
You will create an 8–10 page final
comprehensive project plan. This document will distill down the most
salient points from each of the four previous course deliverables into
one integrated, cohesive comprehensive project plan that persuades
investors of the recommended approach.
Critical Note: Do NOT simply combine the previous four assignments into one 30–50 page document. Instead, your task is to:
- Review each of the four previous assignments.
- Select the most critical information from each that investors need to know to make an informed investment decision.
- Summarize the information you selected.
- Ensure that the selected information flows from one section to the next in a cohesive and compelling fashion.
Part 2: Executive Presentation
You will create a compelling 10–15 slide
executive presentation that convinces the start-up company’s executive
team and potential investors to invest in the company. Your recommended
solution is the one that can grow this $5 million dollar, e-commerce
start-up company into a $30 million dollar company within the next two
Part 3: Updated Final Gantt Chart
You will use Microsoft Project to update the supporting project Gantt chart begun in your first course project deliverable.
- You are not creating a new Gantt chart, only
updating the one you created in the previous assignment to produce the
final project Gantt chart to include all major and minor tasks necessary
to execute the project.
- You are to create or assume all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this assignment.
- You must submit all three parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
Part 1: Comprehensive Project Plan
You are to write a comprehensive 8–10 page comprehensive, final project plan in which you:
- Describe the project’s goals, objectives, scope, and control measures.
- Relate the value of the proposed solution to the competitive
advantage that information technology will afford the e-commerce
- Provide a rough estimate of the entire project’s cost, including hardware, software, and labor.
- The work you did to create the bill of materials in the fourth course project deliverable will help you with this.
- Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.
Part 2: Executive Presentation
You are to create a 10–15 slide
executive PowerPoint presentation to persuade potential investors to
invest in your e-commerce start-up company. In your presentation you are
- Illustrate the concepts from your 8–10 page comprehensive project plan in an executive presentation.
- Create bulleted speaking notes to the executive board in the Notes section of your PowerPoint presentation.
- Create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that
have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of
- Consider including images, graphics, charts, and tables in your presentation to increase audience engagement.
Part 3: Updated Gantt Chart
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the previous Gantt chart to produce the final project Gantt
chart to include all major and minor tasks necessary to execute the
This course requires the use of Strayer
Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the
Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the
Comprehensive Project Plan
- The preferred method is for this portion of your assignment to be
typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name,
your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is
not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow
SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page
- Use a readable size font (24 points or above) on your slides. For
your slide notes, the preferred method is to use Times New Roman font
(size 12), single-spaced, with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a title slide containing the assignment title, your name,
your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide
is not included in the required number of slides.
- Include a source list slide. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list slide is not included in the required number of slides.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a comprehensive project plan and an executive presentation for potential investors.
- No plagiarism of any kind!