College of San Mateo Cherishing the Familiar Imagining the New Discussion
- June 22, 2022/ Uncategorized
I’m working on a Film exercise and need support.
Writing about film (Part 1)
Research as a Conversation
- If you had the choice between writing an essay about your favorite film (which you know everything about), or a newly released film that interests you very much (but that you obviously know nothing about), which one would you want to begin your research on?
- The favorite familiar film?
- The new release, unfamiliar film?
- Why? What are the advantages and/or disadvantages when writing about an older film?
- A new release?
- Where would you begin your research?
- In the past, how have you felt about researching for a paper?
- What obstacles did you face? What would you have done differently?
- Would you watch the film on a big screen with a proper sound system?
- With other people?
- Why or why not?