HRM 435 Colorado State University Global Campus Diversity in Organizations Paper
- June 22, 2022/ Uncategorized
James, the leader of Organization ABC, recently told you (the Director of HR), that he believes diversity is not as important as people make it out to be. Right now, your workforce is lacking in terms of diversity. In fact, after examining employee information, you realized that 93% of the workforce is male and that males occupy all upper-level management positions. You believe it is important to increase diversity within your workplace. Therefore, for this assignment, please include the following:
- Provide detailed rationale regarding the importance of workplace diversity.
- Explain to James why the organization needs to think more so about diversity.
- Using statistical research that has been conducted by governmental organizations, explain what diversity trends organizational leaders and HR need to be aware of.
- Finally, explain how the identified trends may impact aspects of the workplace at the individual, team, and organizational levels.
- Write a 3- to 4-page paper, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Include a formal reference page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least three scholarly references which can include resources from this course.
- The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website (including those from trade organizations, such as SHRM.org and TD.org).
Additional readings and resources:
- Cheruvelil, K., Soranno, P., Weathers, K., Hanson, P., Goring, S., Filstrup, C., & Read, E. (2014). Creating and maintaining high‐performing collaborative research teams: The importance of diversity and interpersonal skills. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 12(1), 31-38. Retrieved from https://esajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1890/130001
- DeMartine, J. C., Maffe, T., & Saddam, A. (2016). Developing diversity and inclusion within organizations. Leadership Excellence Essentials, 33(11), 12-14.
- Dobbin, F., & Kalev, A. (2016). Why diversity programs fail. Harvard Business Review, 94(7/8), 52-60.
- Gallimore, H. (2017). Diversity. Logistics and Transport Focus, 19(1), 3.
- Rawat, P. S., & Basergekar, P. (2016). Managing workplace diversity: Performance of minority employees. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 51(3), 488-501.