University of The Cumberlands System Analysis and Design Paper
- June 23, 2022/ Uncategorized
Research a scholarly paper or professional video on “Business Processes, and Process Specifications” and reflect on only one of the following topics:
- “Processes”: What type of Business Processes exist?
- “Specifications”: How important is it to define the Process Specifications?
- “Review”: How important is it to review the Processes on a regular basis?
You must copy and paste the topic (“Processes” or “Specifications” or “Review”) at the start of your paper to provide a context for your answer.
This paper must be between 250-300 words on what caught your eye and reflect on what you read.
Do not add extraneous text that does not address the question – do not add an introduction or conclusion.
Do not copy and paste text from the referenced resource.
You must provide at least one APA reference for your resource and corresponding in-text citations..
You must provide the referenced resource URL/DOI in the APA reference.
Do not use the Textbook as a referenced resource.
Research a scholarly paper or professional video on “Unified Modeling Language (UML)” and reflect on one of the following topics:
- “Benefit”: What UML diagrams are most beneficial for organizations?
- “Most”: What organizations use UML diagrams the most?
- “Effort”: Is the effort to create a UML diagram worth their benefit to the organization
Research a scholarly paper or professional video on “Executive Dashboards” and reflect on one of the following:
- “Components”: What are the components of an executive dashboard?
- “Drill-down”: What is an example of a drill-down dashboard?
- “Analytics”: What type of analytics is most often shown on an executive dashboard?
Research a scholarly paper or professional video on “Data Driven Input” and reflect on one of the following topics:
- “Analytics Centric”: How can input be designed to support an Analytics Centric organization?
- “Competency Centers”: The benefits of Analytics Competency Centers in data-driven organizational change.
- “Roles”: The role of Systems Analysts, Business Analysts and Super Users in data-driven decisions.
This assignment is a written assignment where students will demonstrate how this course research has connected and put into practice within their own career.
Provide a reflection of at least 600 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course (System Analysis and Design) have been applied or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.
Provide a 600 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
You should not, provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect how the knowledge and skills obtained
Research a scholarly paper or professional video on “Databases, Warehouses and Advanced Data Management Systems” and reflect on one of the following topics:
- “DM Types”: What determines which type of Data Management System is being used?
- “Importance”: How important is the Data Management system in conducting SAD?
- “SA”: What is the role of the Systems Analyst to propose new Data Management solutions?
Research a scholarly paper or professional video on the impact of “Emerging Technologies on SAD” and reflect on only one of the following topics:
- “Impact”: How do recent or emerging technologies impact SAD?
- “Cloud”: Is the SAD process different when dealing with Cloud Systems?
- “Analytics-centric”: Is the SAD process different when dealing with Analytics-centric organizations?
- “DM-Warehouses”: Is the SAD process different when advanced Data Management and Wareshouses are involved?
This is a required assignment, worth 45 points, and must be submitted by the due date.
Review the Grading Rubric before completing this assignment.
Research a scholarly paper or professional video on “System Implementation and Maintenance” and reflect on only one of the following topics:
- “Issues”: What is the common issue during System Implementation?
- “Types”: What types of System Maintenance are used in industry?
- “Importance”: How important is System Maintenance?
- “BPR”: How does System Maintenance correspond with Business Process Reengineering or Redesign?